Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Day Shred - Day 2

I never have a problem getting up at 6:00 am.  It's my quiet time.  Time to get things done without interruptions from the kids or my phone, prepare for the day, and enjoy a cup of coffee.  Today, however, I hit the snooze button until 6:30 am.  I admit, I just didn't feel like it.

But I got up.  And Jillian kicked my butt.  Again.

I'm not sore... yet.  I suppose that will settle in later today.  It will be a good sore, but sore nonetheless.

Things I like about the 30 Day Shred:

1.  It's only 20 minutes long.  (No excuses.  Who can't squeeze 20 minutes into their day?)
2.  It's intense and effective. (I can totally feel it already after 2 days.  Imagine how I will feel after 30!)
3.   Jillian's tough "love."  (When I am tired and totally want to quit, she says something like "Come on, I've got 400 pound people who can do this exercise.  Woah.  Now that's motivation.)
4.  Circuit Training.  (There's no opportunity to get bored because you switch exercises about every 30 seconds.  3 circuits:  2 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs.)


Things I don't like:

1.   Lots of knee-focused exercises like lunges.  (These are hard for me because of old knee injuries from my volleyball days.  I modify it and it works.)
2.   I can't think of anything else... it's a really great workout.



2 days down. 28 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment